Ranger Award Lifesaver Elective
Source: Ranger Guidebook 2001
- Subject to Change
- Do (a), (b), or (c)
- Complete the Boy Scout or Venturing Lifeguard requirements and hold a current certification. (Note: BSA Lifeguard certification lasts for three years from the time of certification.)
- Complete a 45-plus-hour emergency response course or an EMT Basic course.
- Earn the American Red Cross Lifeguard Training certificate.
- Help build a crew or family first aid kit.
- Know how to use everything in the kit.
- Teach another person or group how to make and use a first aid kit.