Order of the Arrow
Ranger Award Core Requirements
Source: Ranger Guidebook 2001
- Subject to Change
- Plan a menu and purchase the food for at least six people for a two night campout with at least three meals.
- On the campout in (a) above, cook the three meals using at least two of the following three methods of cooking: fire/coals, charcoal, stove.
- Demonstrate and explain proper safe food handling methods for outdoor cooking.
- Demonstrate that you can prepare backpacking-type trail food using a backpacking style stove.
- Without using any cooking utensils, prepare a meal with the four basic food groups for three people.
- Cook an entree, a bread, and a dessert in a Dutch oven.