Religious Life Bronze Award
Do nine of the following:
- Earn your denomination's Venturing-age religious award. See pages 68-69 of the Venturer Handbook; pages 12-13 of Relationships Resources No. 4-400; or the Duto to God brochure No. 5-879.
- Learn about cultural diversity.
- Make a presentation or tabletop display using the information you learned in (a) above.
- Invite someone from a different cultural background from yours and the majority of your crew's members to give a presentation on a subject of his or her choosing. Introduce your guest.
- Participate in a discussion about cultural diversity with your crew, Sunday school class, or other group.
- Plan and lead a service project such as helping to build a Habitat for Humanity house, participating in a community cleanup project, or taking on a fix-up project for a nursing home or nursery.
- Serve as a volunteer in your church or synagogue or other nonprofit organization for at least three months.
- Keep a personal journal of your experiences each time you worked as a volunteer.
- After you have served as a volunteer for at least three months, share your experiences and how you feel about your service with others.
- Go on a religious retreat or religious trek lasting at least two days.
- Produce or be a cast member in some type of entertainment production with a religious or ethical theme, such as a play, a puppet show, or concert for a group such as a play, a puppet show, or concert for a group such as a children's group, retirement home, homeless shelter, or Cub Scout or Boy Scout group.
- Serve as president, leader, or officer of your Sunday school class or youth group.
- Complete a Standard First Aid course or higher course or its equivalent.
- Participate in at least two Ethical Controversies activities as a participant.
- Be a facilitator for at least two Ethical Controversies activities for your crew, another crew, your school class, a Boy Scout troop, or another group.
- Lead or be a staff member putting on an Ethics Forum for your crew, your church or synagogue, or your school class.
- Serve as a Sunday school teacher or assistant for a children's Sunday school class for at least three months, or as a volunteer for a church/synagogue children's activity such as vacation Bible school.
(This must be different than requirement 4 above.)
- Meet with your church or synagogue minister/rabbi/leader to find out what he or she does, what they had to do to become your leader, and what they think is the most important element of their job.
(Activities or projects that are more available in your area may be substituted with your Advisor's approval for activities shown above.)