This content is currently Hidden
- Your Recharter Code: Your recharter code has been included in your units recharter packet
- Adult Application (PDF): Click here
- Youth Application (PDF): Click here
- Annual Charter Agreement: Click here
- Youth Protection Training: www.myscouting.org
Follow these steps to recharter: (Note, at any time you may consult the help option or the tutorial for instructions on using Internet Rechartering.)
- Click here to go online and begin your rechartering process after January 31, 2013
- Note: Select ‘First Time User’ if this is the first time you are using the rechartering system this year. Only select ‘returning user’ if you interrupt the rechartering process and need to return to your work at a later time.
- Last year’s rechartering login name and code will not work. You must use register as a new user and use the access code above to recharter.
- You must complete this process prior to April 1, 2013.
- Select the unit type and enter the unit number
- Create a password as instructed
- Complete the information request on each screen.
You may stop at any time, log off the system, and begin again where you left off by reentering your access code and password.
Update unit roster button allows the renewal processor to import adult and youth members added to the unit roster by the council into Internet Rechartering at any time. Work already done will not be changed or reset Please click this link prior to hitting the submit button.
- When you have completed all the information to recharter the unit, click the submit button.
NOTE: Up until you press the ‘submit’ button, you have not completed the online part of rechartering process.
- Print the Unit Charter Renewal Report Package, which includes the charter renewal application and lists of new members, transfers, multiples, and no-fee adults.
- Acquire the appropriate signatures on the recharter, then take the entire packet, along with new applications, fee payments, and Journey to Excellence Form to your district recharter turn-in or contact your unit commissioner or district executive.
NOTE: You will then get a printout with a place for signatures on the second page. If there is no place for signatures, and it says “Draft Version”, you have not completed your internet rechartering, and must go back and hit the button that says “Submit to Council.” Only then will you be able to get the correct printout.
- Do not forget your insurance. There is a $5.00 fee, per person (youth and adult) that the unit renewal system does not tally. Be sure to add that to your total.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1) Who needs to be involved in a recharter?
- Unit leader (Scoutmaster, Cubmaster, or Venturing Crew Advisor),
- Executive Officer (aka Institutional Head – not necessarily the Chartered Organization Representative).
- Chartered Organization Representative
- Council Representative (Unit Commissioner or District Commissioner)
- Committee Chairman
Q2) What do they sign?
The Printed Recharter Document: Unit Leader, Executive Officer, Council Representative
- Annual Charter Agreement: Executive Officer, Council Representative
- New Adult Applications: Committee Chairman, Executive Officer or Chartered Organization Representative, Council Representative, Applicant
- New Scout Applications: Unit leader(or representative), Parent (or venturer if over 18)
Q3) What Forms are needed during Recharter
- The Printed Recharter Document: Always
- Annual Charter Agreement: Always
- New Adult Applications: For any adult listed the on UNIT CHARTER RENEWAL REPORT PACKAGE cover page
- New Scout Applications: For any youth listed on UNIT CHARTER RENEWAL REPORT PACKAGE cover page
1. Not including applications - If you add any youth or adults, you will need to include a new youth application or an adult application with the recharter.
2. Not signing everything
- The Charter requires the Unit Leader Signature as well as the Executive Officer’s signature.
- The Annual Charter Agreement requires the Executive Officer’s signature.
- Youth Applications require a parent’s signature and a unit leaders signature
- Adult Applications require the applicants signature, the Chartering Organization Rep’s signature, and the Committee Chair’s signature
- SPECIAL NOTES ON THE ADULT APPLICATION:
- You must include SSN information.
- Don’t forget that you must turn in the Criminal Background Check Page (page 4) of the Adult application, many people overlook it. Please ensure that the questions in the right-hand column are answered.
- A SSN is required on the council copy.
ANYONE CAN TAKE YOUTH PROTECTION TRAINING BY GOING TO: www.myscouting.org
3. Rechartering fees are as follows (covering period April 1, 2013 thru March 31, 2013:
- $ 5.00 Insurance (this does not show in fee structure on charter as it is a local requirement)
- $15 per person (youth and adult)
- $12 per subscription to Boys’ Life magazine.
- $40 annual rechartering fee
Quick check list for Charter turn in
- A check made out to Hawk Mountain Council
- Your recharter application printout, signed by your executive officer & unit leader. Ensure you include page one with your packet
- Your Annual Charter Agreement signed by your executive officer
- New applications needed as listed on the first page of your printout, signed (and with CBC form for adults).
- ENSURE ALL ADULTS ARE YOUTH PROTECTION TRAINED WITHIN LAST 2 YEARS
- New youth applications
- All Cubmasters, Scoutmasters,and Crew Advisors and must be trained. Please use the training validation form to update anyone’s training status. The unit will not be rechartered if the “top” leader is not trained.
Bring your charter to your districts turn in date: TBA
Please have your recharter ready to hand it in at this time. In the event that it is found to have any problems, there is time for you to take it back and remedy the situation.
If you have any problems or questions, please contact: Sue Settle @ bsamail.org or 610-926-3406.