Hawk Mountain Council Annual Report 2012
For over 100 years, Scouting programs have instilled in youth the values found in the Scout Oath and Law. Today, these values are just as relevant in helping youth grow to their full potential as they were in 1910. Scouting helps youth develop academic skills, self-confidence, ethics, leadership skills, and citizenship skills that influence their adult lives. It was a year of celebration and accomplishment for the Boy Scouts of Hawk Mountain Council.
We, the key-three, dedicate this 2012 Annual Report to the thousands of participants, families, volunteer leaders, alumni and supporters of the Hawk Mountain Council. It is because of their efforts that we are able to report these significant accomplishments for 2012:
- Delivered a “Quality” Program to over 8,000 youth and 3,000 adult volunteers in 2012
- Awarded 164 Eagle Scout Ranks
- Ranked #2 in the Northeast Region in membership growth
- Produced a balanced operating budget for the 43rd consecutive year
- Expanded our Explorer Career Awareness Program by 110%
- Completed a very successful Wood Badge and NYLT Course
- Earned Journey to Excellence Gold status for the first time
- Opened a satellite service center at Hawk Mountain Scout Reservation
Your Council leadership is dedicated in continuing to improve the support and service to our volunteer leaders and chartered partners!